Tuesday, January 12, 2021

 

TO DO OR NOT TO DO – Did you ever think just that about building a photography business assuming you wanted one? Well, my wife and I did just that and started a portrait and wedding business years ago. We did baby portraits, family portraits, environmental portraits, school portraits, executive head shots, sports, photojournalism, corporate contract work, and then some. However, weddings were the most time consuming of all. Friday nights, Saturdays and Sundays and then all the days in between for prep work.

 More than 15 years ago, I was President of the Professional Photographers of America – Central Jersey chapter. The members I was most close to have all abandoned wedding photography as did we. Nevertheless, there are many wedding photographers today who are doing quite well no doubt. Are you one of them? If so, what do you like the most about it? When my wife and I closed our studio, I sold all my very high-quality professional equipment but I kept enough to pursue what I’ve always enjoyed, B&W fine art photography from film.   

What do you enjoy from your hobby or your business? Would love to hear your story. Please leave a comment below. Thanks - Hank




No comments:

Post a Comment